What is Edge • U?
“Edge • U” is a powerful, instruction-focused professional learning system that adapts to the needs of educators. Participants can earn a wide variety of badges that confirm their accomplishments in the classroom and even earn contact hours or graduate credit along the way! “Edge • U” offers concise, just-in-time learning to support educators with the challenges they face every day in a rapidly changing world.
Edge • U starts with the strategy, not the tool. Traditional professional development models force teachers into stagnant one-size-fits-all packages or expensive post-graduate programs that may never impact instructional practice. Edge • U offers educators pertinent microcredentials (badges) based on effective implementation of high-impact strategies supported by engaging technology. You choose what you need and what can help your students right away!
Maximizing the Edge • U experience is as simple as logging in, choosing from the available badges, and completing the required steps associated with each task. You’ll submit evidence to thoroughly demonstrate you’ve applied these new skills in the classroom, and after review, receive your shiny new badge!
Earning badges on Edge • U isn’t a superficial achievement. Each completed badge represents a set of tangible instructional competencies you’ve learned, mastered, and applied in your classroom. So, celebrate your achievements, showcase your credentials, and ignite your personal growth as a teacher!
Learn a little, or a lot. Learn more now, or learn more later. Pursue a “moon shot” goal (Can you picture yourself as a Google Certified Trainer?), or pick up a single new skill to transform an academic topic your students struggle with. “Edge • U” fits your professional learning needs and fits your schedule.
- Understand the basics of technology integration
- Identify different levels of technology integration, both in personal practice and in secondary examples
- Evaluate how technology integration across different levels impacts instructional change
- Use the ISTE standards as a framework to develop lessons, modify current curriculum, and try new strategies
- Learn about/explore current, educational digital tools
- Create lesson materials using digital tools for direct classroom implementation
- Reflect on the process of integrating technology and its impact on student learning
ISTE Seal of Alignment
Edge•U received the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Seal of Alignment for the Educator Standards in February 2020. Regardless of a solution’s intended grade level, purpose or content area, by addressing the ISTE Standards and earning a Seal of Alignment, a solution is shown to consciously, purposefully and meaningfully support best practices for digital age teaching and learning. ISTE considers a solution aligned to the ISTE Standards only after an extensive review conducted by trained ISTE Seal of Alignment reviewers, and it has been determined to meet all critical elements of a particular standard indicator in accordance with specific review criteria.
By earning a Seal of Alignment, ISTE verifies that this product:
- Promotes critical technology skills
- Supports the use of technology in appropriate ways
- Contributes to the pedagogically robust use of technology for teaching and learning
- Aligns to the ISTE Standards in specific ways as described in the review finding report